Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Sickness

Most people get heatstroke, sunburns, and heat exhaustion during this time of the year; me, I get the flu. You read that right. While flu season is November through March, I, of the abnormally weak immune system ilk, tend to catch this nastiness between June and September. Even with my penchant for overdramatic wails and rasping to my family and friends that death is imminent, this has become an accepted norm, and no one takes me seriously anymore. I'm the Girl Who Cried Ill - except that it's not a lie, and I actually am ill.

Day 5 of being drugged up, sleepy, and achey aside, I'm starting to reread Harry Potter again in preparation for my upcoming trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in 11 days! Typically, I get overexcited about trips and begin plotting my clothing packing list and things to do weeks in advance; but, I don't know if it's my ailment or if I'm in a funk or for the first time in my life, I actually already have everything I need, but I'm not too worried. After all, it's ORLANDO. Bringing anything nice is just asking for it to get sweat on and dirty. What do I really need to bring but an abundance of tanks, some shorts, maybe a pair of jeans, and sandals?

OH! In other news, my brother and I got iPhone 4s! He dragged me out while I was feverish to stand in a 2 hour line to get the 16g phones. Misery is an understatement to describe that experience. I wasn't even that excited about getting one in the first place, but after waiting FOR-EVER, if I didn't get one, I would have been pissed. So, yeah. Expect a few future posts to be from my new phone!

And now, before I go take another nap, I'd like to say a few words, a la Albus Dumbledore:

Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!



Who wants to FaceTime me?!




No comments:

Post a Comment