Sunday, May 16, 2010

Being a Mom

It's hard and I don't get enough sleep, that much is true. He's timid and a crier, needy and a cuddle bunny - the more I love him, the more I worry about him...or is it the other way around? One thing's for sure, he is pretty good at filling up my day, except when he's napping; that's when I get incredibly sad and the hurt comes rushing back.

For now I'm just trying to be the best mom I can be, even when that means ignoring his crying. But how can anyone really ignore a puppy's cry? As a friend said to me, 'hell is paved with the sound of crying puppies.' It must be true, because that sound is pure heartbreak!

It's weird, right? No matter what kind of love comes into your life, it's almost always accompanied by some form of heartbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment