Things That Currently Take Up My Time:
- Studying. Or at least, trying to study and trying to stay focused. Needless to say, it's pretty difficult, and I fail on a regular basis. Then, the fear of ultimate failure kicks in and it's a debilitating and depressing kind of fear, and I'm able to get some things done and catch up, a little.
- Finding my signature scent. So far, I've narrowed it down to 3.* In the meantime, I think my nose is getting really good at recognizing top notes and base notes in scents.
- Re-reading all my JD Salinger books as a tribute to his passing. I'd forgotten how much I love the Glass family - especially through the lens of Franny & Zooey. Franny's existential crisis is something I can relate to, and Zooey's rantings and ravings and opinions are also very on point, personally.
- Alexander Wang S/S 2010 shoes and bags. Self-explanatory.
- Vitamins, healthy eating, benefits of vegetarianism that include both being humane and aware of world hunger issues (although I haven't been able to convince myself that I can do without seafood...), and getting my heart rate up on a daily basis. Health fanatic? Not quite yet.
- Struggling with my New Year's resolution to cut back on the shopping and developing the "perfect wardrobe." I just love shopping too damn much.
- Lots of self-reflection, self-evaluation, self-indulgence has led me to the conclusion that I need to seek professional help. When I lived in NY, I could attribute my moodiness and minor to major depression bouts to the awful winter weather and lack of a support system. Being back at home, in sunny Texas, surrounded by family and friends, I don't have such excuses anymore. It's getting harder, and it's time.
Other Things That Seem Interesting, Sometimes, Maybe Not:
- Style Savvy for DS Lite is pretty fun, if you like those kinds of games. Which I do.
- Words with Friends for the iPhone and the iTouch is also a good waste of time.
- I need new glasses, preferably cheap, preferably big and kind of "mannish" or "ugly" or "funny."
- For my (sadly short) trip to NY near the end of the month, I plan on eating a lot, getting a haircut!, seeing the Tim Burton exhibit at the MoMA, and visiting as many friends as I can cram into 2 days. Also: shopping. Also: trying to keep from freezing to death.
*Hermes' Un Jardin Sur La Nil (top: grapefruit, green mango; middle: lotus; base: frankincense, sycamore), Jo Malone's Grapefruit Cologne (top: grapefruit; middle: jasmine; base: vetiver, patchouli), and Byredo's Baudelaire (top: juniper, black pepper; middle: incense, leather; base: patchouli, black amber).