Thursday, December 17, 2009

Rational Fear

Part of why I am not such an enthusiastic ocean swimmer is because I am terrified of it past the ankle-deep waves. If there's any part of this world that might have horrifying creatures left, it's almost certain to come from the depths of that salty graveyard-junkyard-home of monsters yet to be discovered. I tell people that I have these recurring nightmares about a Kraken coming up to the surface to wreak some havoc, and almost always, the response I get is: omg you're crazy, that's so irrational! Um, no it's not! I'm giving myself the heebie-jeebies just talking about it.




So, yes. Krakens and other sea monsters scare me. But for some reason, I'm really drawn to art and jewelry that incorporate tentacles...as disgusting as that is...(but not that nasty hentai stuff that you might find if you try and google image search that! don't do it, kids! that is one search that is even more disturbing than my belief in mythical creatures!) I'd put up more examples of art and cool jewelry, but I'm tired and it's late, and frankly, I don't want to creep myself out too much that I can't sleep tonight. Yes, I am a baby. Wah wah wah.

No comments:

Post a Comment