Friday, December 4, 2009

Baghagging

The most expensive thing I own (besides my car) is not my awesome tv, or the furniture in my room, or even a piece of jewelry. It's a bag. Priorities, right?

Every year I freak out and obsess over a particular bag, and I'll spend days, if not WEEKS, stalking it online and in stores, until I either eventually get over it (sometimes, but rare), or I bite the bullet and MAKE IT MINE. I've supposedly already gotten my 2 bags for the year (a personal limit that I felt was necessary unless I wanted to be living in a box with a bunch of expensive bags to keep me warm)...but, of course, an addiction is an addiction and I have more that I'm now coveting. End my life.

HOWEVER.

I've been putting a lot of thought into my New Year's Resolution: 2010 Edition, and I think that I am going to try and streamline my material possessions and work toward the PERFECT WARDROBE. This does not mean a closet that looks like an explosion of clothing, but rather, an edited down and well-thought-out collection. A wardrobe that, at any point in time, has all the essential elements for making a great outfit for any occasion. A wardrobe that I am proud of and that eliminates my so-called "need" to shop and buy new things...including my greatest weakness: bags. I am determined to have a well-rounded wardrobe and save some money while I'm at it!

More planning needs to be done, but that's the tentative idea for now.

GOOD LUCK TO ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment